Master List of Beltane Activities
Betlane is a festival centered around the height of spring on the Wiccan Wheel of the year, but you don’t have to be Wiccan to celebrate it. In the last ten years or so, many people have begun to celebrate these sabbats and holidays that mark the change of the seasons and celebrate nature.
For some of us, despite the holiday being about the height of spring, the peak of spring has not quite reached us. For those of you in more southern climates like Savannah, I bet the sight of new flowers and warm sunny days are making you feel like Spring had definitely settled in.
Here is a master list of ways to celebrate, free, paid, solo, and with the community.
1. Have a bonfire if you have outdoor space, invite over friends if you want to
2. Light a candle or all your candles in your house if you can’t have a bonfire – just keep candle safety in mind and don’t light them all too close to each other, attend them
3. Go for a walk and identify the flowers that have bloomed
4. Make a flower crown – this could be a good activity with kids and teenagers
5. Wear ribbons in your hair, decorate your house with colorful ribbons
6. Set up and dance around a maypole.
7. Host a clothing swap – or home décor, books, games, etc.
8. Picnic in the park + laying or sitting in the sun. Lunch on your doorstep If you can!
9. host a brunch or lunch outdoors in the sun
10. Dance – either go out dancing, dance alone in your room to upbeat spring music
11. Bake – typically something sweet and/or using herbs and flowers in season such as rosemary, violet, or mint
12. Pick or buy flowers for the house
13. Journal on spring, spring goals, what spring means to you, your favorite flower, etc.
14. Indulge in your favorite dessert
15. Ritual bath centered around flowers and blooming
16. Host a trash pick up or pick up trash on a long walk
17. Drink and share lemonade
18. Plant seeds, repot plants that need it, tend to your garden or your indoor plants – begin fertilizing if appropriate
19. Leave an offering for the fae
20. Better yet dress up like the fae
21. Watch the sunrise
22. Yoga and meditation – preferably a type that involves waking up or a bit more activity and movement, but ultimately do what feels comfortable to you
23. Donate unwanted items to charity or list them on second hand websites
24. Preform a house cleansing and/or practice practical spring cleaning
25. Flower baskets for your neighbors
26. Preform a grounding Ritual
27. Spellwork related to love, sex, passion, etc. (generally a more innocent or cutesy or true type of love, but any love spell will work)
28. Preform rituals surrounding abundance and growth and fertility (pregnancy related or not)
29. Practice divination, record your results
30. Research spring deities, the fae, or make a spring related offering to your deity of choice